Infrastructure & Deployment Lead
Clinisent is a vibrant and creative company with a goal to bring highly innovative technology solutions to the healthcare market. Our products bring benefits to patients and healthcare teams, and our clients are based throughout the world. In the role of Senior Developer, you will have the opportunity to drive key projects and witness powerful market impact from your efforts.
Our products leverage a range of software technologies, and the successful candidate will be a self-starter capable of traversing technology boundaries and thinking creatively. We deploy our products in cloud and customer infrastructures, and within the role you will have visibility of the full technology stack, from data repositories to front-end interfaces, applying your development skills at all levels. Our ongoing quest is to shape the future of Healthcare through the proper engagement and empowerment of the patient. You will be a pivotal part of making that vision a reality.
Current job opening
We are currently expanding our development team, offering you the chance to join an exciting new business where you can make a significant impact in the role of Infrastructure & Deployment Lead.
The Infrastructure & Deployment Lead will provide technical and operational leadership within Clinisent, delivering on a programme of work to:
- Streamline the management and commissioning of on-premises and cloud resources for partners and clients.
- Develop robust tooling for service configuration, deployment, monitoring and maintenance.
- Work with project managers and clients to coordinate product rollout and upgrades.
- Support product integration into client infrastructures.
- Demonstrate and drive best-practice software development within the programme.
- Evaluate technology candidates for suitability and incorporation into the programme.
- Implement and deliver within project timelines, meeting required quality, security and compliance standards.
- Provide training to team members and mentorship to junior posts.
Reporting to the CTO, the Infrastructure & Deployment Lead will adopt a central role within the organisation, working closely with the core product development team, project managers, partners and contractors across multiple client projects.
- To architect and develop the tools to allow partners and clients to deploy and configure Clinisent products in Windows Server and Linux Enterprise environments.
- To oversee the security and quality of Clinisent product deployments and advise clients on infrastructure security.
- To develop a suite of deployment and client-facing configuration tools to optimise product value for clients.
- To work with the product design and development teams to identify key client needs and create work schedules to meet requirements.
- To oversee internal operational efficiency and security practices within the organisation.
- To assist with overall development planning and provide estimations and milestones for incorporation into the Clinisent technology roadmap.
- To prepare technical documentation, including technical notes and specifications to facilitate accurate information flow, both internally within the Clinisent development team and externally to partners, customers and third-party contracted resources.
- To provide post-deployment support and service monitoring.
- To communicate progress with the wider company through demonstrations, presentations and workshops. Mentorship and training activities to strengthen team competencies.
- To identify emerging working practices and technologies that present opportunities to bring technical advantages to the company.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A proven track record in a technical leadership role delivering high-quality, robust software to clients.
- 5+ years commercial experience of software development evidenced by a portfolio of successful projects and ‘In-the-Wild’ deployments.
- Excellent experience of several of the following database technologies: MS-SQL / Postgres / MySQL / MongoDB / InterSystems Caché
- Sound understanding of best software engineering practices, including design patterns and application security.
- Sound understanding of cloud infrastructures (Azure or AWS), configuration, APIs, resource virtualisation, service scaling and security.
- Sound knowledge of traditional and Agile methodologies and practices.
- Evidenced willingness to pick up new technologies and become sufficiently proficient to exploit them to deliver production-grade outputs.
- Experience in a customer facing role or experience of dealing with clients
- Proven experience with Configuration Management Tools (e.g. Puppet / Chef)
- Proven experience with Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Experienced in delivering training, tuition and support to colleagues and clients
- Highly motivated and adaptable
- Ability to work within a team
- Good written and/or oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Interested in joining us on our journey? Please send an up-to-date CV to recruitment@Clinisent.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.