Platform and Integrations Lead
Clinisent is a vibrant and creative company with a goal to bring highly innovative technology solutions to the healthcare market. Our products bring benefits to patients and healthcare teams, and our clients are based throughout the world. In the role of Senior Developer, you will have the opportunity to drive key projects and witness powerful market impact from your efforts.
Our products leverage a range of software technologies, and the successful candidate will be a self-starter capable of traversing technology boundaries and thinking creatively. We deploy our products in cloud and customer infrastructures, and within the role you will have visibility of the full technology stack, from data repositories to front-end interfaces, applying your development skills at all levels. Our ongoing quest is to shape the future of Healthcare through the proper engagement and empowerment of the patient. You will be a pivotal part of making that vision a reality.
Current job opening
We are currently expanding our development team, offering you the chance to join an exciting new business where you can make a significant impact in the role of Platform and Integrations Lead.
The Platform & Integrations Lead will provide technical and operational leadership within Clinisent, delivering on a programme of work to:
- Define and execute on our product vision, taking the Clinisent Services Platform and elevating it to the next level of capability, shaping our core product into a world-leading healthcare data sharing solution.
- Work closely with our product team to define requirements and drive new innovations through to product, bringing real benefits to our end-users.
- Architect robust, secure and scalable platform components that deliver powerful application services to our applications development team, facilitating the development of some of the most innovative and rewarding healthcare applications on the market.
- Identify and respond to security challenges in an increasingly hostile data environment. Lead with a security-first mindset.
- Work closely within project teams to deliver Clinisent solutions to key clients across the globe, on budget and on time.
- Architect and develop instrumentation technologies to monitor platform performance and optimise vital platform functions.
- Lead our product integration team as we develop new integration methodologies and deploy the Clinisent platform into increasingly diverse client infrastructures.
- Demonstrate and drive best-practice software development within the Platform Programme.
- Evaluate technology candidates for suitability and incorporation into the Platform Programme.
- Provide training to team members and mentorship to junior posts.
Reporting to the CTO, the Platform & Integrations Lead will adopt a central role within the organisation, working closely with the core product development team, project managers, partners and contractors across multiple client projects.
- To lead from the front by architecting and developing critical system components of the core Clinisent platform to support in-house and third-party healthcare applications.
- To elicit and capture emerging technical requirements and incorporate these into a rapidly evolving product roadmap.
- To oversee the security and quality of the Clinisent platform and advise clients and partners on technical approaches to privacy and data protection.
- To work with the product design and development teams to identify key client needs and create work schedules to meet requirements.
- To oversee internal operational efficiency and security practices within the organisation.
- To assist with overall development planning and provide estimations and milestones for incorporation into the Clinisent technology roadmap.
- To prepare technical documentation, including technical notes and specifications to facilitate accurate information flow, both internally within the Clinisent development team and externally to partners, customers and third-party contracted resources.
- To provide post-deployment support and service monitoring.
- To communicate progress with the wider company through demonstrations, presentations and workshops. Mentorship and training activities to strengthen team competencies.
- To identify emerging working practices and technologies that present opportunities to bring technical advantages to the company.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A proven track record in a technical leadership role delivering high-quality, robust software to clients.
- 5+ years commercial experience of software development evidenced by a portfolio of successful projects and ‘In-the-Wild’ deployments.
- Excellent experience of several of the following database technologies: MS-SQL / Postgres / MySQL / MongoDB / InterSystems Caché
- Excellent experience designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Excellent experience of Java EE, Tomcat or SPRING technologies.
- Sound understanding of best software engineering practices, including design patterns and application security.
- Sound understanding of cloud infrastructures (Azure or AWS), configuration, APIs, resource virtualisation, service scaling and security.
- Sound knowledge of traditional and Agile methodologies and practices.
- Evidenced willingness to pick up new technologies and become sufficiently proficient to exploit them to deliver production-grade outputs.
- Experience in a customer facing role or experience of dealing with clients.
- Information Security Certification (e.g. CISSP / GIAC).
- Proven experience with Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker).
- Experienced in delivering training, tuition and support to colleagues and clients.
- Highly motivated and adaptable
- Ability to work within a team
- Good written and/or oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Interested in joining us on our journey? Please send an up-to-date CV to recruitment@Clinisent.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.